Please put July 3rd in your diary, we don’t think you’ll regret it!
One of our goals this year is to connect the dots in Leeds between the people who live, work and play here. We want to create playful experiences which enable people to discover more of the vibrant life they may be too busy to enjoy or discover. So we’re really excited to be working the team who run Asda.Com from Leeds based Asda Head Office to bring their skills, enthusiasm and commercial experience to bear in an afternoon of creative play with you and your projects, ventures and ideas.
Let’s face in economically difficult times we need to explore all avenues of keeping our dreams going. How often do you take the time out to revisit the Why/What/Who your venture or project is for, and how close are you to getting there? Could you do with a fresh perspective, sharpening of how you communicate what you do who it’s for and why. Would you like to explore or interrogate ways to fund or sustain your venture?
Is this relevant to you?
- You or your organisation does something that adds to the vibrancy for those that live, work & play here.
- We are looking for twenty or so projects from across Leeds, from individuals, community groups, social enterprises, charities. Whether your project is a twinkle in the eye, or fully fledged
Would you benefit from people who have
- the ability to spot commercial opportunities you may have missed
- a hunger to find smarter ways for you to operate, in order to maximise the return on your investment, be that your time, effort or money
- the ability to tell a story and help you shape yours
- a critical eye
By the end of the day we hope that you’ll have
- inspired 150 corporate ‘movers and shakers’ to get involved, and to become cheerleaders for your project
- moved your project on
- enjoyed an opportunity to recruit volunteers, non ex directors, or even new customers
- work hard, play hard attitude
- genuine care and concern for their city, where they live, work, and socialise
- passion and enthusiasm to make a difference locally
- desire to give something back to the city that gives them so much
- we’re hoping to set up a mini website to track the progress of your projects, help keep you on track and physically come back together in three months time
- explore if this is a model of engaging large groups of corporate bods in Leeds to participate in making our amazing city more playful
- open up richer forms of corporate sponsorship that actually engage workforces, not just take their money for brand awareness or association
- bridge the gap between the cultural / arts sector with the hidden, disconnected commuter population who are simply unaware of what is really going on out there
Or If you’re thinking .Why is Asda involved in this?’ Head over to the blog to hear from their comms person Dom Burch
We promise that, with all our events, we will create a warm, friendly, trusting environment where you are able to be free and open with a group of people who genuinely want to be useful!
*This event is first come first served, do take time to think through the answers and please do consider that you are taking a space that somebody else would benefit from. We will charge £50 for no shows or short notice cancellations of less than 5 days notice.